Thursday, January 5, 2012

"She went around with the attitude that she would rather be beaten to death than take any shit."

I’m what some people call a “movie buff.” Some may call it sad, obsessive, or just downright insane, but I find pride in the fact that I can recall any movie quote at the drop of a hat. On the topic of movies, I went to go see David Fincher’s “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo” last night. Oh. My. God. It was dark, disturbing, and confusing as all hell, but I have to say I loved it.

The lead female heroine Lisbeth Salander (played by Rooney Mara), was just as awkward and inverted as can be. Not only was her darkness showcased by her dialogue, actions (she had quite a steady hand with a tattoo gun), but also by her piercings, tattoos, and wardrobe.



While most people in the theatre cringed at the sight of her, I was busy admiring her pretty bad ass wardrobe. Not all women can pull off a mohawk, cut off tee, and combat boots the way she did. Here’s a few key pieces in replicating this very infamous wardrobe.

                       Combat Boots from Aldo






No comments:

Post a Comment